“The Lamont & District Agricultural Society offers a fun, family spirit to enhance the diversification to our rural and urban communities."
"Strengthening and enhancing a sustainable agricultural community through education and entertainment."
President - Terry Eleniak
Vice President- Shelley Loren
Treasurer- Cindy Gruber
Secretary- Rebecca Joseph
• 1918 – Society chartered.
1918 – 1932
First executive composed of:
President – F.C. Smith
1st Vice-President – Robert Swan
2nd Vice-President – George Ross
Sec/Treasurer – G.R. Stewart
– Society expands
1933 – 1949
– Deactivated due to Depression
and World War II
– Society reactivated
– Construction of recreation centre (community hall) and shell of arena (hockey rink) begins
– Official opening of recreation centre held
– Work bees held to finish interior of arena after ice plant installed for hockey season
– Official opening held for arena (hockey rink)
– Society celebrates 60th anniversary with Dr Grant MacEwan as Guest Speaker
- Spring Bust Out Rodeo held in the arena
– Rodeo renamed “Summer Sizzler” and held outdoors on newly built rodeo grounds
– First Bullarama held
– Rodeo grounds renamed “Conrad Schinkinger Memorial Grounds” in memory of lifetime member and volunteer who gave so many countless hours to the community. CFCW Radio established annual volunteer award in his memory.
– Lamont & District Agricultural Society celebrates 100th Anniversary of Lamont Health Care
- Re-locaiton of the Conrad Schinkinger Memorial Grounds to it's new home south of Lamont on Highway 831, and the first Summer Sizzler Rodeo hosted here.
- First Bullarama Hosted on the Conrad Schinkinger Memorial Grounds.
- Celebration of our Centennial Year